Co-op Annual Meeting
Scholarships given away to members
Traditionally, the Annual Meeting is not only a chance to visit with members from around the Eastern Shore, but it is also a great opportunity for members to learn about programs offered by Choptank Electric Cooperative and get to know your Co-op staff. The Annual Meeting makes it possible to gather feedback from our members by providing a forum where everyone can share how we can better serve them and their families.
Due to the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center being recently named a mass vaccination site for the Eastern Shore, and Pursuant to Governor Hogan’s Executive Order #21-01-28-02, Section IV, Choptank Electric Cooperative is authorized to hold its annual meeting by remote communication during the COVID State of Emergency.
This year, the Annual Meeting was streamed live on Thursday, April 29, 2021, and the business meeting started at 6:00 p.m. Attendees who tuned in at 5:45 p.m. enjoyed informational videos and Co-op highlights. Members who registered and included their account number were eligible to win bill credit door prizes at the end of the meeting.
For additional information, including viewing the 2020 Annual Report, please read the 2020 Annual Meeting minutes or visit the Financial Information page. Meeting minutes will be posted after the meeting.
Annual Meeting "Luck of the Draw" Scholarships
Choptank Electric will present ten $1,000 educational scholarships at the close of its 2021 Annual Meeting.
To be eligible for these scholarships, the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applicants from Choptank Electric Cooperative members:
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior OR a co-op member.
- The student must be enrolled OR planning to enroll at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or technical school for the fall 2021 term.
- The applicant was required to register to stream the Annual Meeting, and be present at the end of the meeting for the drawing.
- If a student is applying, the student must be a dependent or legal ward of an active Choptank Electric member.
- Winners of prior years’ scholarship are not eligible to participate.
- Employees and dependents of Choptank Electric who are members, and the Board of Directors and their dependents are not eligible to participate.
The application and registration period is now closed. Good luck to those who participated!