Doing Business with Choptank Electric Cooperative
If you are a contractor or vendor interested in being considered for future work for Choptank Electric Cooperative, the Contractor/Vendor Application Packet is a good place to start. The packet contains the following forms for you to complete:
- Contractor/Vendor Information Summary Form
- Copy of State of Maryland Business License
- Copy of Additional Licenses (if requested)
- Copy of Insurance Documentation Form
- Proposed Contractual Rates
- Minority Vendor Status Form
- IRS W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Electronic Payment Form (optional)
- Statement of OSHA Compliance
Once a completed packet is submitted to the Cooperative, you will be considered for future projects and contracts. Submitall of this packet does not guarantee future work with the Cooperative; however, it makes the Cooperative aware of your interest and fast-tracks the process in the event your company is selected for work.
Expectations for Suppliers
Suppliers can take steps to create a successful partnership with Choptank by following these guidelines:
- Complete the Contractor/Vendor Application Packet in full to be considered in future Choptank Electric bidding opportunities.
- If requesting to be considered as a diverse supplier, possess certification as a diverse business. (Per Choptank Electric’s Memorandum of Understanding with the Maryland Public Service Commission, diverse supplier bids over $25,000 require proof of certification).
- Maintain familiarity with the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
- Remain competitive and consider subcontractor opportunities.
Examples include: utility systems engineering, construction, maintenance, and equipment. Additional opportunities include professional services (consulting, etc.), technology services, office equipment and products, building and facilities maintenance, and miscellaneous business support.
Thank you for your interest in doing business with Choptank Electric Cooperative!
Choptank Electric Cooperative is part of the Eastern Shore Energy Alliance (ESEA).
The Eastern Shore Energy Alliance is committed to hiring minority contractors located in our region to support economic development in our service territories. This local alliance is comprised of Chesapeake Utilities, Sandpiper Energy, Easton Utilities Commission, and Choptank Electric Cooperative.