Apply for service
Start or Stop Service
If you are looking to apply for a new service, transfer service, or disconnect a service, please call our Member Service Center at 1-877-892-0001 so that we can complete your application process.
- If you are the property owner you will need to provide proof of ownership.
- If you are renting/leasing the property you will need to provide a copy of the rental/lease agreement.
- If you are establishing an account in a business name, you will need to provide the Federal Identification Number for the business as well as proof of ownership or a rental/lease agreement.
When you call, please be ready to provide:
- Social Security Number
- Birth Date
- Driver’s license number
- Service location
- If it’s new construction or preexisting structure
- Meter Number (if you are transferring service)
*The information required above applies to establishing electric service for Residential and Business accounts.
Choptank Electric may require a member or prospective member to pay a deposit. If a deposit is required for a residential account the deposit may be equal to 2/12ths of the estimated bill for a year.
An individual 60 years of age or older is exempt from a deposit if they present proof of age, intent to occupy the dwelling and absence of any outstanding bill to a utility for service.