You ask, And SmartHub Listens (And Answers Too)
Choptank Electric’s online bill payment system, Smart- Hub has brand new features that will help our members take control of their accounts. Connect your SmartHub accounts to a Google Home or Alexa to make inquiries about your bill, and print out the energy usage graphs.
With the printing capability for the energy usage charts, view the full graph without losing information due to browser print screen. Notice a HAMBURGER icon on the USAGE screen in SmartHub Web. Clicking this icon will print out the usage graph. (Available in SmartHub web platform only.)
This could make it easier to compare energy charts after the computer has been shut down, or a better way to share energy usage.
In addition, sync up your SmartHub accounts with a smart device, whether it be Google Home or Amazon
Alexa. To access this feature, set a default Voice Assistant payment method via SmartHub before making a payment and designate a card or bank account to be the Voice Assistant Default Payment Method.
You can do so by going to: My Profile > My Information > Manage My Stored Payment Accounts page. Only one method can be selected; however, the payment method can be changed at any time.
Looking for Directions? Here is how you set it up:
Google Assistant Automatic Setup:
1. Ask the Google Assistant to open your app
(ex. “Hey Google, let me talk to SmartHub”)
3. Link your SmartHub account when prompted
4. SmartHub app will be sent to the provider search where the user can select the provider and then will be taken to the login page
Amazon Alexa Manual:
1. Open App
2. Select “Skills & Games” from the menu
3. Search for “SmartHub”
4. Enable the “SmartHub” Skill
5. Select “Utility Provider” from drop down
6. Directed to SmartHub Login page –
use SmartHub username/password
Once linked, your Voice Assistant recognizes the following questions and commands:
• What is my balance?
• What’s my payment amount?
• When’s my due date?
• How much do I owe?
• What’s my electric bill?
Most Recent Billing and Payment History
• What was my last payment amount?
• What was my last bill?
• What is my payment history?
Current Outage Information
• Is there an outage?
• Do I have any outages on my account?
• What’s my account number?
• Any news with my utility?
• Any alerts?
• Is there any information available?
Make a Payment
• Pay my bill.
• Pay my account.
• Make a payment.
All Amazon Echo and Google® Home devices are supported, including the following devices:
Amazon Echo Google Home
Amazon Echo Dot Google Home Hub
Amazon Echo Plus Google Home Max
Amazon Echo Show Google Home Mini
Amazon Echo Spot