Choptank Electric Cooperative Awards Ten $1,000 Scholarships at 83rd Annual Meeting
The scholarships were awarded at the end of the Annual Meeting live stream.
On Thursday, April 29, 2021, Choptank Electric Cooperative Board of Directors awarded ten $1,000 scholarships at the end of the 83rd Choptank Electric Cooperative Annual Meeting live stream. The students who were awarded the scholarship were:
- Emma McClary – from The Gunston School, attending Bucknell University
- Brynn Yates - from Cambridge-South Dorchester High School, attending Salisbury University
- Genevieve Rinker – from Bohemia Manor High School, attending Salisbury University
- Keeley Good – from North Caroline High School, attending Chesapeake College
- Anna Price – from North Caroline High School, attending University of Delaware
- Giovanni Cristiano – from Caravel Academy, attending Austin College
- Benjamin Jordan – from James M Bennett High School, attending University of Maryland
- Bradley Duley – from St. Michaels High School, attending Parsons School of Design
- Joseph Walstrum – from North Caroline High School, attending Frostburg State University
- Helena Cress – from Chestertown Christian Academy, attending Southern Adventist University
Amy Brandt, Caroline County Director, and Olin Davis, Kent County Director, drew the names from the 27 members who submitted and successfully completed the application process.
The Luck of the Draw scholarship is awarded annually at the end of the Choptank Electric Annual Meeting. It’s awarded by randomly selecting students during a live drawing. To enter the drawing, students must fill out a basic information application, read a Co-op article, and answer a 10-question quiz based on the Co-op article.