Choptank Electric will present ten $1,000 educational scholarships at the close of its annual meeting to be held Thursday, April 25, 2019. In addition, the board will also be awarding two additional $2,000 scholarships in honor of David Bruning, who retired in September as board member from Worcester County and Francis "Sonny" Callahan Jr., who will be retiring on April 25, 2019.
To apply for this scholarship, the application MUST be completed prior to the annual meeting, Applicants MUST meet the following qualifications:
- Complete the new Luck of the Draw Packet found on our website at www.choptankelectric.coop under Annual Meeting OR Scholarships Submission directions can be found on the application and you will receive a confirmation phone call when your packet has been processed
- Submit this packet to the Co-op by April 22, 2019 at 4:30pm
- Be an active Choptank Electric member or dependent of an active Choptank Electric member who is enrolled to attend an accredited two or four year college, university, or a technical school for the 2019 fall term
- If applicable, the parent or legal guardian who is an active Choptank Electric member, must accompany the student to the annual meeting
- Both the student (if applicable) and/or active member are present at the end of the Annual Meeting
- Winners of prior years, employees, and dependents of Choptank Electric who are members, and Board of Directors and their dependents are not eligible to participate.
Applicants must check-in at the Luck of the Draw Scholarship table at the Annual Meeting with their active, registered, Choptank Electric member before 6 P.M. to be entered for the drawing. When you submit the application, either via email or mail, you will receive a confirmation that we received your completed packet. If you do not receive a confirmation that we received your packet, please follow up to ensure we have received the packet. Finally, you will also receive a phone call once your application has been processed.
What is an active member?
An active member is the member whose name appears on the electric account. If your name does not appear on the bill, you are not considered an active member and you should consider adding your name to the account so that you can attend the Annual Meeting with the applicant.
*If won, scholarships must be redeemed by August 31, 2019.